PDA

View Full Version : dull moments

Berry
03-31-2004, 06:07 PM
i was out ridin the track today and i come up too the house to get some gas. i left my motor running and im standing on my nerf bar filling up my gas tank, when my foot accidently hits the gear shifter and when it did, it threw me off the back gas jug and all. so one second im sitting there filling it up with gas then the next second im laying down on the ground looking at the sky! i was like WTH? so i jump up and my quads rolling across the yard so i just run and grabbed the clutch. everything was ok. it was just funny, so i thought i would share it with you! anyone ever had one of these moments?

ReconRider25
03-31-2004, 06:16 PM
well i always shut the quad off before i fill the tank, and uhh.....how could it keep going with out stalling? idle a lil high?:p i think the dumbest thing ive ever done was when i was looking for my helmet when i was actually wearing it....:rolleyes: had it on too long.....:o

ex kid
03-31-2004, 06:23 PM
one time at band camp...my friend didn't put the ATC 200S in nuetral and i was standing to the side giving it gas while he pulled the cord and i got drugged up da roaaaad.

Berry
03-31-2004, 06:24 PM
man i fill my gas up nascar style! run across the front yard, slam on front brakes come up to the porch sideways then i leave my engine on and im filling my gas up while im revvin the motor! lol no im jk, i left the motor on because my battery is dead:( . and how it kept from stalling, i dont know!

Pvt. Maggot
03-31-2004, 06:29 PM
i was riding my 300 on ice at my friends track..and it got stuck so i just left it in gear and pushed it..it hit hard ground...started goin..i fell..was holding the grab bar..and it drug me across the field...lol...300s have really high idle stock...:o

brian-250
03-31-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Berry
man i fill my gas up nascar style! run across the front yard, slam on front brakes come up to the porch sideways then i leave my engine on and im filling my gas up while im revvin the motor! lol no im jk, i left the motor on because my battery is dead:( . and how it kept from stalling, i dont know!

next time you ride let it get warm and stop then pop the clutch it wont die,idt,my buddys mojave is the same way i rode it one time and parked it thought it was in neatural just therw the clutch out,i fell off the back and it rear ended my dads truck:o

44oEX
03-31-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
well i always shut the quad off before i fill the tank, and uhh.....how could it keep going with out stalling? idle a lil high?:p i think the dumbest thing ive ever done was when i was looking for my helmet when i was actually wearing it....:rolleyes: had it on too long.....:o

the ilde doesn't have to be high. try it with your quad. just let the clutch out slowly and the quad will role away and not stale. If it stales your clutch is not set properly or your idle is way to low.
So it's normal.

CowsBitePeople
03-31-2004, 06:44 PM
i was doin long *** wheelies and endos and side wheels and such and when i parked i went to get off my quad i fell off of it and hurt my wrist and knee....

I was sittin on my old dirtbike doin nothin and fell over also out of no where:confused:

brian-250
03-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
i was doin long *** wheelies and endos and side wheels and such and when i parked i went to get off my quad i fell off of it and hurt my wrist and knee....

I was sittin on my old dirtbike doin nothin and fell over also out of no where:confused:

people do weird things when there drunk ya know:o :blah:

sam the brave
03-31-2004, 06:54 PM
i got stuck in some ice so i go off and pulled the bumper while my friend gave it some gas then it cought hard ground and hit me and pushed me like 20 feet
and one time in winter my friend fell off his balster in to a stream

JDiablo
03-31-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25

your not the only one:rolleyes: i do that with my hat,im looking for my cell and it is in my hand:huh i did one today looking for my pen in school and of course it was in my ear:rolleyes: :blah: lol

Jonesy
03-31-2004, 07:01 PM
my most embarrising moment may have been when i hopped on my cousins old beat up z50, i put it in first, put my feet on the pegs as i twisted the throttle and it just bogged and didn't move. Needless to say i just fell over sideways b/c i couldn't get my feet off the pegs quick enough. All this in front of my whole family.

Also doing wheelies on the trx 70 and fall off the back then it keeps going.

Tommy 17
03-31-2004, 07:03 PM
i had the teather switch on my quad and for some reason it got wrapped around my handle bar... my friend let out my clutch in gear when it was running and i was standing behind the quad... the teather switch drug me behind the quad and it couldn't pull bc it was wrapped around the handy bar... i was PO at him :grr:

chucked
03-31-2004, 07:04 PM
about once a week while im driving, I check my pockets for my keys and cant find them!!!

JDiablo
03-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by chucked
about once a week while im driving, I check my pockets for my keys and cant find them!!!

lmfao haven't heard that one before....thats a good one:D

brian-250
03-31-2004, 07:09 PM
http://www.ytmag.com/ttales/messages/900.html

nuff said

MOFO
03-31-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i had the teather switch on my quad and for some reason it got wrapped around my handle bar... my friend let out my clutch in gear when it was running and i was standing behind the quad... the teather switch drug me behind the quad and it couldn't pull bc it was wrapped around the handy bar... i was PO at him :grr:

LMAO... I'd love to see that... :blah:

reminds me of a time my buddy was screwing around pop'in wheelies at a play area in Marienville....

he basically fell off the back of the quad, when the quad landed, it took off without him... he chased it about 70 yrds before it hit a tree and stopped. About 3 or 4 of us were about 80 yards away watching it happen... we laughed our arse off!

Jonesy
03-31-2004, 07:10 PM
i do that with my glasses and my hat, i go looking for them and eventually find out that i'm wearing them.

Pisses me off so much.

team_450_88
03-31-2004, 10:13 PM
I didnt do this but my buddy did and it was a bad time and place to do it !! Me on my old 400ex and my friend on his cr250 dirtbike and my other friend on his 400ex where riding in tha woods and came up on a deep deep creek so we all stopped and put the quads in netural and my buddy leaned his bike up against a tree !! We got ready to turn around and my buddy on the 400ex ran and jumped on his and it slammed into the bike in front of him and knocked my buddy in tha water along with the bike..lol..It was so funny because I wasnt really part of it I was in the back of the pack ..lol its not always best to be out front !!

Ryan
03-31-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by 44oEX
the ilde doesn't have to be high. try it with your quad. just let the clutch out slowly and the quad will role away and not stale. If it stales your clutch is not set properly or your idle is way to low.
So it's normal.

Sure didn't work with my Blaster :confused: .

xr50layke
03-31-2004, 11:25 PM
omg lol, today, my mom buys a bag of pretzels, i look in the cupboard, and theres another bag of pretzels, i say to my sister why did mom buy another bag, we already have pretzels, and shes like I dunno, you know mom, she forgets all the time, so i put the new bag in with the old one, i close the cupboard, and i say "wheres the pretzels?" .................................................. ..........my sister starts laughing real hard.............................................. ...........................................

i smack myself in the head and say "I meant trail mix :D"

44oEX
04-01-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Ryan
Sure didn't work with my Blaster :confused: .

it's cause it's two stroke. it should work on a 4 stroke