PDA

View Full Version : Shock upgrade

blasterkiller14
03-31-2004, 05:39 PM
This may seem like stupid questions to all you "know it alls", but I have a 250x and I am going to upgrade the piece of crap stock suspension (front, already did rear) and am limited on money. I can get 400ex a-arms and stock shocks, will they work on my 250 and will it even help. I dont race mx or anything but do ride trials and have some 10ft jumps in my back yard(i know, thats little). What should i do thats cheap besides buying stupid wheel spacers? I hear not to get wheel spacers for the front, but would it be okay to get them for the rear (I have a aftermarket shock, swingarm, bearing carrier and a durablue X-33 axle)? Replies are appreciated.

beak7707
03-31-2004, 05:43 PM
I really wouldnt recommend the 400ex front end on the 250x. My friend had it on his 300ex and it pretty much sucked. It did not improve the handleing in anyway in my opinion. The bump steer is horrible, and when climbing hills the front end is very unpredictable. I know suspension is very expensive but I think you would be better off saving up and buying the real thing.

ZSK
03-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Even setting it up right helps but doesn't cure the 400ex a-arm conversion. I'm running a steering stabilizer and still notice a lot of bumpsteer. It feels completely different from a 400ex's front end even though they are the same. Speaking from experience save up and do it right. +2 300ex/250X a-arms and nice shocks.