PDA

View Full Version : oversized oil cooler

spyder
03-31-2004, 03:52 PM
Is the oversized oil cooler really worth. I race in hare scrambles and i ride as hard as the pros, just tring to make my bike as reliable as possible. thanks :confused:

Big - D Racing
03-31-2004, 07:32 PM
I have one now, but I say save your money. All of the tests I have seen it only kept the oil 3 degrees cooler at full operating temp., but it adds a quart worth of oil in extra weight not to mention the added weight from that tank compared to the stock one. Stock is way lighter. I wish I never spent my money, but now that I have it oh well I guess I'll just keep it on. If you really want to lower oil temp get FST Oil cooler kit, I have that also and would not sell it for anything. That cools oil 40 degrees and is only $100.

cals400ex
03-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
I have one now, but I say save your money. All of the tests I have seen it only kept the oil 3 degrees cooler at full operating temp., but it adds a quart worth of oil in extra weight not to mention the added weight from that tank compared to the stock one. Stock is way lighter. I wish I never spent my money, but now that I have it oh well I guess I'll just keep it on. If you really want to lower oil temp get FST Oil cooler kit, I have that also and would not sell it for anything. That cools oil 40 degrees and is only $100.

he did say cooler, not tank.

i agree, i wouldn't buy the oversized oil tank but the oil cooler is suppose to help pretty much. i would recommend the FST oil cooler from Mickey from what i read.

Big - D Racing
03-31-2004, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cals400ex
[B]he did say cooler, not tank.

Opps! I just saw oversize and thought tank. I've never heard of anyone running a larger cooler although I know they are out there for just under $400 run the extra cooler by FST.

nasty88r
03-31-2004, 08:26 PM
Where do I get the oil cooler kit from?? Is it an oversized cooler to replace the stock one??:confused:

03-31-2004, 09:26 PM
Desert Toyz has a cooler that is 3 times the size of stock. It sounds like a nice deal.

cals400ex
03-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by golfman400ex
Desert Toyz has a cooler that is 3 times the size of stock. It sounds like a nice deal.

the price isn't a nice deal though. i would get the FST cooler from mickey. this one brings the oil back into the head to cool those internals. however, drilling and tapping into the head cover is required with this one.

BigThumper33
04-01-2004, 12:25 AM
its alot cheaper to just stack two stock units, instead of shelling out for an oversized.

pairanutz
04-01-2004, 12:53 AM
got pics or info on how you connect the two stock coolers

i have a 4stroke tech one now and like it alot
more coolers the better ?

the desert toyz one in the mags list for $ 350