PDA

View Full Version : water hole 400 won't start

Carl Nevins
03-31-2004, 12:10 PM
i was at a race on sunday and went through a deep water hole i kept it running while getting it unstuck, when i got it out it wouldn't rev-up and it had a slight back fire sound to it after a couple of turns i killed it in some deep ruts it would not turn over just clicked, got back to the trailer battery connections were loose it turned over but wouldn't start, washed the bike yestarday drained the oil,carb changed plug and still not starting need some help please. thanks

Pappy
03-31-2004, 12:12 PM
what did the air filter look like? was it drenched also?

did you drain the carb?

Carl Nevins
03-31-2004, 12:24 PM
yeah the filter was soaked, and i did drain the carb

Carl Nevins
03-31-2004, 02:42 PM
any more ideas would help thanks

seatec
03-31-2004, 02:43 PM
did you inspect the innerts of the carb? no obstructions?

Carl Nevins
03-31-2004, 02:50 PM
yep just put it back together, still no start, any more help is appreciated

Kodiak
03-31-2004, 05:18 PM
Start with simplest first.. determine fuel or electrical. Pull the plug and see it it's firing. If it is I would squirt a little starting fluid or you can even pour a little gas (if you have something you can get it in there with) in the cylinder pop the plug back in and see if it starts, if only for a second. If it does I would remove and completely clean the carb. This was fresh water you inhaled I take?

atvracr350
03-31-2004, 05:21 PM
this may sound stupid but it might actually be water in the gas tank and the carb just keeps sucking water in there and it won't run. I know this happened on my three wheeler and we couldn't figure it out. All we did was siphon most of the gas out of the tank and filled it up with brand new gas and it fired and ran perfect.

03-31-2004, 09:42 PM
sometimes the pitcock on the tank gets clogged. Try starting it while it is on reserve. If you have spark and air, all you need is gas.