PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Parkway (Clay City, KY)

krismon
03-31-2004, 08:04 AM
Hey guys! I posted this on our site (www.KentuckyRiders.com) and thought some here may be interested?!?!? I know most of u peeps are on sport quads and may not be able to carry tools needed to clear trails, but thought I'd ask ;)

I've been talking with a guy who is putting on some AMA motorcycle XC events at MP. He said if we would come clean up the trails (clear them of downed trees, ect) we could stay (camp.... and possibly use the cabin) the whole weekend and Ride/Work for FREE (usually $15 a day)! I need to find out how many would be interested in helping before I tell him we WILL DO IT FOR SURE! In exchange for us cleaning up the trails (which are in rough shape from what I hear) they are going to let us put up a PERMANENT Kentucky Riders sign AND let us camp/ride for FREE that weekend!

I was thinking about April 23-25 (that Sunday is a Race at Haspin) OR June 11-13 (GNCC in Petersburg, VA) OR June 18-20 (Dirt Week in Logan, WV and ATV Nation Windrock Ride)

I tried to list other events that I knew were going on the same weekend to try to make it easier on everyone to decide which weekend! I'm SURE there are more things from THIS site that I don't know about though!?!?!?

what do u guys think???? Anyone interested and be willing to bring some chain saws?!?!

Thanks Bunches! ;)