PDA

View Full Version : IMs 4.3 gallon tank has vapor leak- please read

brandonpeake
03-31-2004, 06:57 AM
its very small, its coming out where you put the screw in it with the little black plastic ring on top of it, that helps hold ur seat in place, the leak in coming out of that hole, anyone got any suggestions?or had this happen

kicken250x
03-31-2004, 07:58 PM
ive never heard of that happening...? the only thing i can think of to do would be to take the tank off the bike... drain all the gas out... run some water in it with and shake it around a few times to make sure all the gas is out... then let it air dry... then get a torch or better yet a soldering and a screw driver with a round ended handle... heat up the plastic really fast so it doesnt go all the way though and move the plastic around with the screw driver so the hole is covered. it works !!IF!! you do it right, i did it on a radiator over flow can. i really wouldnt recomend doing it on something that expensive the best thing to do is find where a little extra plastic on the tank and cut it off and melt it over the hole or buy a plastic welder. hope this helps! later bro

brandonpeake
04-01-2004, 06:27 AM
dont think you got what i was saying

there is a hole in it from IMS its threaded, and u put a screw in it with a plastic ring around the top and it helps to hold ur seat in place so it dont slide at the top near the tank, and i think the vapor leak is coming from the hole, it sucks if im the first one to have this problem!

meangreen400ex
04-01-2004, 06:37 AM
I'd call IMS they are pretty good about any defective products

James Parent
04-01-2004, 07:18 AM
if they don't return it.. get some JB Weld and put some of that on there, it will seal up anything

RIDER11X
04-01-2004, 07:38 AM
What makes you think this?:confused:

brandonpeake
04-01-2004, 07:55 AM
let me get some pics, its got a small amount of gas on it , its hard to explain but tonight ill get some pics and show u you can tell its coming from there, its not alot of gas coming out its morte like a vapor leak its not a stream or nothing, just annoying, if its in my garage and the door is closed u can smell the gas, ill get some pics tonight and host them
i call ims also