PDA

View Full Version : carb troubles

Kennethyfz450
03-30-2004, 11:07 PM
when i let it warm up, i have to hold the trottle a little bit for it to idle by itself..

i cant walk off and leave it.... while i get my gear ready.

im guessing something witht the idle screw, but i dont knwo how to work that screw and will i miss anything upo ??

once i ride it for aroujd 45mins, i can get off and put it in neutral and it will die still sometimes what is the deal..?

is it normal for the lights to dim when the engine is idleing?

what is the hole on the side of the motor for?

why is it when i check the oil tank it is full but the engine i cant see oil?

is all yfz really weak in the lower rpms like taking off real slow .. seems a little choppy till you get in the powerband

RiPPiNiTuP7
03-30-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Kennethyfz450
when i let it warm up, i have to hold the trottle a little bit for it to idle by itself..

i cant walk off and leave it.... while i get my gear ready.

im guessing something witht the idle screw, but i dont knwo how to work that screw and will i miss anything upo ??

once i ride it for aroujd 45mins, i can get off and put it in neutral and it will die still sometimes what is the deal..?

is it normal for the lights to dim when the engine is idleing?

what is the hole on the side of the motor for?

why is it when i check the oil tank it is full but the engine i cant see oil?

is all yfz really weak in the lower rpms like taking off real slow .. seems a little choppy till you get in the powerband

sounds like idle needs turned up.

yes, lights should dim, they run off stator, not battery.

hole is for spraying air in it with compressor or something so you can get dirt, etc out of spark plug area. wouldn't want to pull the plug and have dirt fall in motor.

Kennethyfz450
03-31-2004, 07:31 AM
so get a air compresser and just spay in there??? when you are ready to check the spark plug???

ok i am going to take it somewhere and get the idle turned up thanks...

after my airfilter dries .

ps. i cleaned it

trueblue450
03-31-2004, 11:28 AM
the idle is real easy.. just locate the black knob on the rear side of the carbureator. To get more idle get the quad running as best as you can at idle and slowly turn that knob in. you will hear the quad rev/idle faster. just put it in a happy medium

Kennethyfz450
03-31-2004, 02:02 PM
thanks !!

it still runs a little low.. but it doesnt die!

by the way

how much oil do i put in this machine i want to change it and my gf has my truck and the manual is in there...

also i have yamaha 10w 30 or 40.... 2 quarts

but my body that i raced today told me to put YAMAHA 4R in it.

whats the difference?

details about the race...

we both let the bikes warm up.
5 mins later we pull to the black top .
even then i pulled a wheel in front of him then he was gone.
top end we were about tthe same but midranged he killed me.

so i lost:( by a 250 yamaha dirtbike 4 stroke... on the bright side he had is airbox removed and jetted .. so i dint get beat by a stock one.. but a modified one:D

BigThumper33
03-31-2004, 03:57 PM
are you talking about the hole with the black plug? That is for the decompressor that the yfz does not run, it just comes with it because of the motorcycle. Don't worry about it, but make sure it doesn't pop out, or oil will be sprayed everywhere.