PDA

View Full Version : new rims

r450rr
03-30-2004, 06:22 PM
i have in mind to buy an extra set of rims for my 450R,main reason cause i think the stock ones are *****.i was going to buy some extra stock ones off people on here, but i am fed up with the stock rims. does anyone know a good place where i can get some good rims,(i dont really wanna by Hypers) that are reasonably cheap, and not have to pay and arm and a leg shipping for them.

main thing is shipping.. i wanna buy them from a company to not from someone.. thanks. any suggestions.

kazpr
03-30-2004, 07:16 PM
C&D racing OWNS I got my hypers today from them and was surprised how cheap the total was. The shipping was only $8 per wheel!! Give them a try you will be glad you did :)

86atc250r
03-30-2004, 07:42 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news - but short of beadlocks or Hipers, the stock wheels are as good as it gets...

r450rr
03-30-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Hate to be the bearer of bad news - but short of beadlocks or Hipers, the stock wheels are as good as it gets...

well i hate to bear this news on ya.. they are alreayd warped and i havent even done anything,, just one night of hard trail riding and there already like that i am dissapointed in the strenth of them, not the way they look or anything like that just the fact that there so weak. i have the same compliant with my ex's but i never did replace them.i also think they really ripped us off on the back grab bar and the front bumper. i mean if they was going to put a very expensive cool ***** LED light on the back of it, atleast they could have made the grab bar a little more sturdy.. heck if i was to put its on its back once, the LED light would be toast. i mean i know they wanted to save weight and all, but thats not a good place to be saving weight..

anyways.. i just want a rim thats stronger. i still want the aluminum rim just a more sturdy one.. is the t-90 rims that ITP makes strong,? question for people that has them.

thanks.

by the way kazpr. how much did u end up paying for everything?

shamisc
03-30-2004, 10:57 PM
IMO, the stock wheels are far superior than aftermarket unless you get beadlocks or Hipers! .190's are junk! If you bent your stock wheels, you'll be PISSED after one ride on .190's!;)

kazpr
03-31-2004, 12:45 AM
I got front hipers & itp holeshot Mx to my door for $456.00. Man they look SWEET!!

brif
03-31-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by shamisc
IMO, the stock wheels are far superior than aftermarket unless you get beadlocks or Hipers! .190's are junk! If you bent your stock wheels, you'll be PISSED after one ride on .190's!;) I agree totally. The douglas .190's edge bend over real easy if you hit a rock or something. The ITP T-9's would be my choice if you didn't want beadlocks, hipers or reinforcing rings.

r450rr
03-31-2004, 11:00 PM
ok thanks for the input guys.. i hear that the t-90's, are pretty good rims. so anyone with them please let me know are they junk or are they pretty good..thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
04-01-2004, 08:55 AM
if you are bending the stock rolled edge rims, the ITP t9 rims aren't going to last many times after racing mx we come home to beat the rims back into shape from flatspots. same way with trailriding we have 2 rims that have the edge peeled over from a tree or rock.

86atc250r
04-01-2004, 09:49 AM
450rr -

For future reference: When you ask a question, it is bad form to cop an attitude when given the answer --- that is, if you like people with experience answering your questions honestly....

robby26wi
04-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Rolled edge (ultimate) douglas's are way better then the itp's...

VIGILANTE MAN
04-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Inland ATV had a pretty good deal on Douglas Ultimate bead locks when I bought mine last year. Somewhere between $400 and $450 for a full set. I don't know if they're still selling them for that price.

They aren't the nice billet center versions, but at that price I wasn't too concerned.

I bent the piss out of my stock EX rims, but haven't bent these yet. They seem to be quite a bit stronger than stock, although the inside edge is rolled, like a stock rim.

robby26wi
04-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Rocky mountain sells em super cheap mounted...

r450rr
04-01-2004, 12:59 PM
thanks for the input guys i think i am going to go with rocky mountain atv, with a set of t-90's or maybe the douglas rolled ultimates.. i want kenda klaws mounted on them when i buy them and have them shipped,, u think rocy mountail atv can pull through for me and give me a good deal// and i appolagise 86atc250r. i just wanted some info on some aftermarket rims. i aready know that hipers are the best. just dont have a big enough wallet for them, i might even end up getting some beadlocks. since u said there real good. i gotta call though and see what they say. thanks

r450rr
04-01-2004, 01:01 PM
sorry i just realised, douglas ultimates. are beadlocks,, my bad, either way i hope i get a pretty good deal

robby26wi
04-01-2004, 01:06 PM
they have ultimates in bead and non bead and in standard and billet centers..

Matty24s
04-01-2004, 08:30 PM
I have the t9s on my 400ex and they hold up awsome aginst rocks and anything ive bumped so far 2yrs. for the money i say there the best rim out there.

timscherer
04-01-2004, 09:39 PM
IMO, the ITP T-9's are a very weak constructed wheel. I bought some new ITP T-9's with 18" ITP Holeshots (rear, no prob w/front) and raced Mx for 1 season using them. They were constantly getting beat up, always flattening around the edge of wheel. Even after every practice I always had to take a hammer to them just to straighten them out. I reccomend Douglas, or a Beadlock wheel.

Later
Tim