PDA

View Full Version : Jetting

aman
03-30-2004, 05:30 PM
I just got the baffle out of the exhaust on my yfz and i dont have anything else done to the motor or anything. What needs to be done in the carb to get this beast runnin right????

yamahaCal
03-30-2004, 05:54 PM
I'm sorry for referring to an outside forum but http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=25 has SO MUCH info on jetting for almost any situation.

5valves
03-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Take your air box lid off. 45 pilot jet, 165 main. gytr needle(yz450f) on the third maybe fourth clip. air screw 2 to 2-1/2 turns out.
Cam mod. rotate E cam one tooth clockwise.
The cam mod is easy. a few pointers. put a zip tye on your intake cam around the chain so it doesnt slip a tooth. put it over to the right to alow more slack in the chain.
on the top of the cam cap there is a C-clip. watch out for this it might fall down into the engine. I like to stuff a clean rag down around the head and chain just in case.
if its your first time you might want to bring the engine around to TDC and align the timing marks.
if not mark your cam sproket and chain and count your pins in between your marks.
the chain tensioner is on the back side of the head. two bolts hold it on and one in the middle controls the tensioner. remove the center first then take the tensioner off. do this before removing the cam cap.
this will loosen up the chain.
the cam is kinda tricky getting loose, but dont take it all the way out.
double check your pins you should have one less than stock, should be from 15 to 14 pins in between your TDC marks.
If you are not cumfortable with this get a Service manaul. pages 4-9 thru 4-17.
I think you can download it at bluetrax.
Lots of other info about this on bluetrax, and thumpertalk.
Good luck