PDA

View Full Version : need oppionions on a E bay sale

seven
03-30-2004, 03:12 PM
I sold my 38 kheihin air stryker carb on Ebay. The guy just emailed me and said it doesnt fit his 250R and he wants his money back. So I emailed him and tod him----------------
You have to heat up the carb boot and stretch it out. It will work becouse I had it on my 250R. If you take and hold the oth boots that go to the carb over the burner on your stove to make them flexible it will go in. I will take it back if you want but there is no 38 carb that will slide on without heating up the boots first. If you go to exriders.com and do a search on it you can get the same reply as I have gave you. If you still want me to take it back let me know and I will refund your money------------- Thats taken straight from the email I sent him. So if he wants his money back how should I do it. He is holding all the cards. I have already left him feedback so if he didnt send it after I send him the money I would be screwed!

red
03-30-2004, 03:14 PM
i would make him send it back and then refund the money after you get the carb back.

wilkin250r
03-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Indeed. He screwed up because he didn't research. If he wants the refund, HE ships the carb. When you have it, you refund the money minus shipping charges.

seven
03-30-2004, 04:35 PM
I havent heard back from him yet but I think I will tell him that I would be happy to refund his money as soon as I have the carb back. I have no intentions of screwing anybody over But I dont want to get screwed either.

Rebelrider4OOex
03-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by red
i would make him send it back and then refund the money after you get the carb back.

03-30-2004, 05:06 PM
dont give him the reufnd untill you have your item in your hand..if he wants to argue about it then tell him tuff **** , thats how its gonna be

Giz400ex
03-30-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by red
i would make him send it back and then refund the money after you get the carb back. Defintely!!

LTandRaptorider
03-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Yes, what everyone else said, get the carb back first. You are actually being nice in agreeing to do that, as long as the carb wasn't defective, it's his! And you are correct, you have to heat up the boot to make it fit over a 38mm carb. I put that carb on my LT, I heated the boot in hot water, put it on and clamped it.

seven
03-30-2004, 06:29 PM
Thats what I was thinking but its nice to get a second oppinion.

sly400ex
03-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Not to be a complete ***, but what happened to "buyer beware"....again, not to screw anyone over, but in this type of situation!