2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4X4
Sport Utility ATV Info
450 4x4 ATV Key Features
- The Wolverine 450 4x4 combines features
like 4WD and a fully automatic transmission
with light weight, sport-tuned adjustable
suspension. The result is a highly functional
machine that’s a blast to ride almost
- A liquid-cooled 421cc single feeding power
through a full-auto constantly variable transmission
means just twist the throttle and go, practically
anywhere. The Wolverine 450 is a great explorer.
- A fully automatic transmission and Yamaha
On-Command™ gear selector system means
switching from 2WD to 4WD is as simple as
jabbing the handlebar-mounted button.
- Raptor-inspired styling includes aggressive
bodywork with integrated floorboards, a comfortable
sport seat and an integrated rear rack.
- Sport-tuned suspension, tires, lightweight
and a low center of gravity add up to an excellent-handling
- Pushbutton electric starting for quick
easy starts in nearly any condition.
450 4x4 ATV Engine
- Powerful 421cc liquid-cooled SOHC four-stroke
single is torquey, revvable, smooth-running
and extremely reliable.
- A semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni carburetor
and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver great
throttle response and performance at all RPM.
- Fully automatic transmission is extremely
rugged and reliable with a constant belt-tensioning
system, which provides confident downhill
- A large-capacity aluminum radiator provides
maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned
high in frame for optimal protection.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter simplifies
- An automatic cam chain tensioner reduces
450 4x4 ATV Chassis/Suspension
- Light, high-tensile steel frame provides
a strong foundation for double-wishbone front
and single-shock rear long-travel suspension
systems for a sporty yet comfortable ride.
- Five-way preload-adjustable suspension
front and rear lets the Wolverine 450 be dialed
in just right for varying loads and conditions.
- A dry weight under 516 pounds means the
Wolverine 450 runs right with the big sport
- Low-maintenance shaft drives provide near-bulletproof
strength and reliability.
- Front and rear hydraulic disc brakes provide
plenty of stopping power.
- 23x8-12 radial sport tires up great traction
and quick, light handling.
- Aluminum wheels mean low unsprung weight
for great suspension action and overall performance.
- Full skid plates provide great undercarriage
- A digital dash meter keeps track of speed
and other essentials.
- An underseat storage compartment and integrated
rear cargo rack make it easy to bring the
things you need.